Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What is good for the world - and cool clothes and warm and fuzzy days!


"We've lived by the assumption that what was good for us would be good for the world. We've been wrong. We must change our lives so that it will be possible to live by the contrary assumption that what is good for the world will be good for us. That requires that we make the effort to know the world and learn what is good for it. We must learn to cooperate in its processes and to yield to its limits. But even more important, we must learn to acknowledge that the creation is full of mystery. We will never clearly understand it. We must abandon arrogance and stand in awe. We must recover the sense of the majesty of the creation and the ability to be worshipful in its presence. For it is only on the condition of humility and reverence before the world that our species will be able to remain in it."

— Wendell Berry


I am feeling sooo much better today. The shopping trip helped. & twice to the gym, I have been going so much lately.. in the morning there was a yoga class which I just made - Just remembered after writing yesterday's post - & I love Glory's yoga classes! I was so relaxed after - so I waited and then went again last night after dinner for a weight/cardio session.

I bought the funkiest khaki green converse high tops with pockets and lots of cool knee-high socks. what fun!! (& clothes to go with them!! yay!) Cool clothes are almost as much fun as cool music!

It's raining outside. But I am having a warm & fuzzy day - I am creating that for myself!
Sending you out warm and fuzzy beams of creative radiance and groovy puffs of swirling mind-expanding star-burst energy ...and lots and lots, endless miles, of the deepest peace, still water deepest peace, deeper than you have ever known. Lalalala, and a song. ..a really good one, but not one sung by me. lol
Have a happy, happy, warm & fuzzy day!!! xo

6 comments:

Connie said...

Good Morning! It is raining here as well, but not cool. It is cool~er, so we can almost pretend we are having fall weather. lol! I was thinking about your post from yesterday, as well as this one. Do you think you are really becoming more serious~less happy~less carefree, or do you think you are simply allowing yourself the freedom to feel a wider variety of emotions?

I know for myself, and many women, we feel an obligation to "be" happy, to set a tone for our lives, no matter what is really going on. We feel success~full when we are able to express *happy*ness all the time, and make everyone around us *happy* as well. Others begin to expect us to lift their moods, to take care of their emotional needs. When we awaken to our own feelings, both good and bad, we also allow others to experience theirs, and a new balance is established. Doncha think, maybe?

So, you may not be less happy, perhaps even *happy*er, because you are now aware, awake, en*light*ened, and able to experience all of life more fully.

Anyway, I am glad you are feeling better. Knee socks will do that!

As always, I love your Big Thinks!

*Happy* Day!
Connie :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin!

I saw this and thought you might like it if you haven't seen it yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyRHRZq1AZo&feature=dir

Peace!
Greg

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

Connie.. you are so bang on. & I cant tell you how happy I was getting your comment (I have this thing linked up to my blackberry so I can read comments to here even from work) How tekkie is that!!! : ) But you really lifted my spirits when I read this one.. because yes, you are so right.

I realized that I am feeling more.. more aware of the feelings.. having more fun and conscious of it. ..and when I was feeling sad it was a very aware sad.. but and maybe somehow on a higher plane of sadness.. which wasn't more sad but more deep.. in a good way. lol
That sounds strange.

& I was feeling so much better yesterday, and today.. feel like its an emotional healing crisis I was going through.. ykw? think I better go write a blog today! ; )
TTys, thanks again Connie!
Appreciate you and celebrating you!!! Hugs

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

Greg,
I just watched it.. very interesting.. Thank you so much for passing it on!
Much love!!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thought I would drop by, sounds like a ride but you will be fine. Lalala and a song always help. It could be artichokes ... drop by (insert my name here) dot info, it may be a bit random ... Can you get lime green Converse high-tops? ... I want some ... good luck, really ... Are we really where we are supposed to be? Love you ...

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

Yes, we really are! I believe that with all my heart.
& about the green converse.. I will check, prob, they have about 5 million pair there.. well, prob over 200 diff styles, its crazy. I saw a pair of Black ones with an Anarchy A on the side and want to get them and get a red paint marker and put a R & W on each side of it!! Cool!!!
I will let you know.. what size are you? (e-mail me!) Hugs!!!