Monday, May 01, 2006

The Power of Now - pg 91


Wrote green smoothies info for website. Want to write up a one page condensed version. I love to share the benefits of green smoothies with my friends & others. I believe in them so strongly.. greens are so incredibly good for us, this makes them actually taste good.. I honestly believe they could be a very strong factor in healing the planet. They heal our bodies, heal our minds, help us lose harmful addictions, & make us want to take care of ourselves. I think the planet is an outer manifestation of our collective inward state. As above, so below. As within, so without.

By helping you I help myself. We are all like waves in an oceanconnected.

For the past few weeks I have been interested in watching my thoughts. & interested in the ‘natural’ self vs. the ‘normal’ self as John puts it. (from Tues meditation class)

I am drinking a green smoothie with kale, mango, banana, & pear as I type.

Notes from the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle:

- the knower who lies behind the thinker – the deeper self who recognizes spiritual truth, resonates with it and gains strength from it.
- you know everything already- just forgotten- ancient knowledge embedded in the heart of you.

From pg 91 “But as long as you are run by the egoic mind, you are part of the collective insanity. Perhaps you haven’t looked very deeply into the human condition in its state of dominance by the egoic mind. Open your eyes and see the fear, the despair, the greed, and the violence that are all-pervasive. See the heinous cruelty and suffering on an unimaginable scale that humans have inflicted and continue to inflict on each other as well as on other life forms on the planet. You don’t need to condemn. Just observe. That is sin. That is insanity. That is unconsciousness. Above all, don’t forget to observe your own mind. Seek out the root of insanity there.”

Kaiya and I just did a 20 min stretch session together combining moves from my yoga and her taekwondo. I can really feel the insides of my legs – we focused there – she wants to be able to do the splits.

No comments: