Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Course in Miracles – vibrational rates

John mentioned last week that we might start reading or doing lessons from the Course in Miracles. I’ve had the book sitting on my bookshelf for about 2 years & it only comes down once in awhile. Its one of those open & flip to a random page to gather some insight into something.. it works well for this.. some books do, like the Tao, the I Ching, the Bible, etc.

A Course in Miracles is not available online to read but here’s the website: http://www.acim.org/

"..Three startling months preceded the actual writing, during which time Bill suggested that I write down the highly symbolic dreams and descriptions of the strange images that were coming to me. Although I had grown more accustomed to the unexpected by that time, I was still very surprised when I wrote, "This is a course in miracles." That was my introduction to the Voice. It made no sound, but seemed to be giving me a kind of rapid, inner dictation which I took down in a shorthand notebook. The writing was never automatic. It could be interrupted at any time and later picked up again. It made me very uncomfortable, but it never seriously occurred to me to stop. It seemed to be a special assignment I had somehow, somewhere agreed to complete… The whole process took about seven years.

Those people operating at high vibrational rates make up a small percentage of the population (Paul put it at 1%) The spiritual world operates at incredibly high vibrational rates. (Is it because it’s so high that we can’t see it, I wonder?) The earth, young plants, babies have high vibrations. People concerned with love, compassion, peace & harmony are high. Most people are concerned with economics and the mundane & have lower rates. Other things that lower vibrations are eating processed foods, lack of sleep, stress, violent movies etc. Think love vs. fear, order vs. chaos. This is not a judgement call, it just is as it is. I think sometimes we need to be at lower levels to learn lessons here on Earth for the soul’s progression. It also seems that we evolve to higher vibrational levels after we have learned these lessons – as we progress through them.

A law of nature states that areas of higher concentration move to areas of lower concentration. A person with a high vibrational rate will raise a lower person’s rate close to him & while the higher vibration will lower, it will be temporarily, until they can build it up again. I like to think of a spiritual teacher-mentor-friend as being like a log with a big flame. When you put another log next to it, it catches fire and grows big also. The big logs flame does not diminish, it may go down slightly while igniting the other flame, but soon rises to be just as bright – until it is done & it dies.. but that’s another story.

The Psychology of Mans Personal Evolution – Ouspensky re: Gurdjieff

“Infinite patience will give you instant results” - John

& Yoga was most excellent!

pic from http://www.wildlandfire.com/pics/fire10/fire10.htm

No comments: