Saturday, May 20, 2006

5 Tibetan Rites

Hi Robin, I am presently enjoying a potent green smoothie (lots of young dandelion leaves) while I write these words. I found the Tibetan Rites and copied them for you..... then found this very detailed site with even more information than I have here.... so I am sending you the site.

Here it is: http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

That should be all you need to get started. I am glad you asked about them because I will begin doing some of them myself. I do still incorporate the flexing warm-ups anyway, quite often. It's funny how some of everything we learn sticks with us .... sort of automatically ... as if our body and spirit know what we need. I am all interested now in measuring and maintaining proper PH balance in my system...... have been reading some studies that show acidity in our body causes calcium and other minerals to be leached from our bones ( for use in vital functions in other organs) ... so is the primary cause of osteoporosis..... another proof that eating too much meat and dairy is actually bad for our skeletal structure..... the exact opposite of what conventional doctors and nutritionists preach to us ... probably influenced by the dairy marketing boards. So have a great day
Keep in touch
I love you, Mum

From this link:
This program is often described as a modified yoga program. Simply put, yoga is a science that unites the body, mind and spirit. Today this is often called Mind/ Body Healing. The author of the book believes that yoga was brought to Tibet from India in the 11th or 12th century and that Tibetan monks over time modified these exercises and developed an effective program of exercises that western society now calls the "Five Tibetan Rites".

“For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.”
Romans 7:19

No comments: