Friday, May 19, 2006

Grace

I am reading my friends copy of David Wolfe’s Sunfood Diet Success System, I should have bought my own copy! & maybe I will, there’s so much great stuff in here. I was trying to find a part in here I had read about grace. I didn’t find the part I was thinking of.. it was about flowing through life from grace to grace.. but I found this, which he wrote about it:

“Transform all your trials and tribulations, your battles of mind and diet, your thirsting in the desert of knowledge, into flowing grace. Allow grace to embrace you”

The concept of grace used to elude me.. what is grace?
(You’ll have to forgive me, sometimes I don’t get really simple concepts. This may seem obvious to most people.. but on the other hand sometimes I just get complex stuff very easily & naturally.. its weird!)

From the penguin Webster handy college dictionary:

Grace: 1- ease and elegance of manner or movement; charm. 2- liking; favor; good will. 3-virtue; kindness; politeness. 4- postponement, as of a penalty or obligation; clemency. 5- a prayer for blessing at a meal. 6- divine favor.

From the Oxford dictionary of Difficult Words:
Grace
: 2- (in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
-a divinely given talent or blessing.
- the condition or fact of being favored by someone.
-(also grace period) a period officially allowed for payment of a sum due or for compliance with a law or condition..

From my experience: You don’t feel pain or sadness. Good things happen to you, and/or you only notice the good things & the positive. Life flows freely and easily.

I remember back about 4 or 5 years ago when I was going through a particularly hard time in life & I read something about grace from Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach, and in it she said we only needed to ask for grace. So I asked for grace one day.. and the day went so smoothly.. and I asked for grace the next day & so on for about a week.. and every day went smoothly.. I came out of this period quite fine & was amazed at how simple & effective it is to just ask for a day of grace when things are going roughly. It really does work. I looked up the page this morning & found what I had read that helped me. It’s from February 29 & can be found here.

pic from www.paramountorchids.com

No comments: