Sunday, June 03, 2007

Crimson & Clover - Strawberry and Pecan Salad

For Christmas when I was 6, in grade 1, I got a turntable and a bunch of records.. one had a bunch of pop songs on it. I still remember some of the songs.. the Archies - Sugar Sugar, the Animal's - House of the Rising Sun, Steppenwolf's - Born to be wild, the Lovin' Spoonful's - Do you believe in Magic.. but Crimson & clover was my favorite song .

It still makes me happy when I hear it. : )

Crimson And Clover

(T. James/P. Lucia)

Ah, now I don't hardly know her
But I think I could love her
Crimson and clover

Ah when she comes walking over
Now I've been waitin' to show her
Crimson and clover over and over

Yeah, my, my such a sweet thing
I wanna do everything
What a beautiful feeling
Crimson and clover over and over

Crimson and clover over and over
...

Strawberry Pecan Salad w/ poppyseed dressing

1 head red leaf lettuce - chopped in bowl with
10 strawberries - sliced
handful pecans

Dressing:

1/4 c agave
1/4 c olive oil
1/8 c apple cider vinegar
2 T tamari or shoyu
2 T red onion - chopped finely
1 T sesame seeds
1/2 T poppy seeds
dash paprika
salt to taste

The dressing is my raw version of Willa's amazing recipe, which was made with sugar & worcestershire. It translates to raw quite well. Thanks Willa! .. It' s delicious.

My Bizzarro moment of the day - listening to Jim talking about the Gardiner being closed because of the Becel Ride for Heart event.. I burst out laughing.. sorry, but just the thought of a ride to support heart disease being supported by Becel seems hilarious to me.. whats wrong with this picture? .. and then I look out the window, driving through Little India and see the Mona Lisa restaurant - specializing in Pakistani, Indian and Chinese food (what.. no Italian?) and listening to Paul Anka crooning his version of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio. Whoaaaaa...!!! weird & wonderful moment.. life can be so surreal sometimes! Enjoy every wacky moment!!! : )

pic from http://www.flickr.ch/2006/09/

No comments: