Monday, June 18, 2007

Cranberry Scones


Wow! This is exciting..this is the first picture taken with my new camera uploaded onto my blog. These are the cranberry scones that I made at work on Saturday.. 2 variations.. the ones on the right have carrot pulp in them ..but i actually preferred the ones on the left.

Mi-san is trying to stay all or primarily raw.. but I noticed one downfall is the muffins that they bring into work sometimes. I remembered making these scones a long time ago & how good they were and was thinking they may be a good alternative. The recipe is adapted from a Boutenko recipe but I keep changing it.. that's the fun with recipes. Not to mention that I want to try other variations.. orange/walnut, cacao/goji, blueberry/banana, strawberry/pecan, mango/macadamia...

This is basically& roughly the recipe I used- it will still undergo some modifications, like chopping up the cranberries, there were too many & they were too sour kept whole.. but all in all these are delicious.. & I have eaten lots of them in the past few days!

Cranberry Scones

2 c almonds- soaked, then rinsed,drained and processed(ground)
2 c flax seeds - ground
2 c apples - processed(pureed)
2 c raisins
1 c pineapple - chopped
1 c cranberries (orig recipe, pic above, had 2 cups) - pulse chopped in processor
1 c juice or water - opt, if needed to mix easily
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 c honey
dash salt

Mix all ingredients together.. drop by large spoonfulls onto teflex sheet and dehydrate at 115 degrees for a few hours, remove from teflex onto mesh screen and continue dehydrating for another 4-6 hours.. will still be experimenting with various times.. but I think this is a good general guideline.
Enjoy!

No comments: