Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remember Peace, smile, buckwheaties and nut and seed cereals and brazil milk


On this remembrance day I would like to suggest that we remember peace and hold it in our hearts today.

Contemplate peace.. being peace, living a peaceful lifestyle.
When we hold peace in our hearts, then we can be productive in creating peace in the world.

Contemplate the wonders of the world. Life is filled with suffering ..but also of wonders. Even if you are dealing with sorrow and suffering pay attention to – appreciate and enjoy – the many wonders – the beauty, happiness and peace that surround us continually.

Smile. That is a gift to the world. When someone smiles it makes us feel better.. it makes life more beautiful. Smiling is the most basic kind of peace work.

Breathing in, I calm my body.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment
I know this is a wonderful moment
~Thich Nhat Hanh

I just had a most delicious bowl of cereal as I wrote that. Someone at work gave me a bag of sprouted organic buckwheat granola.
Ingredients: sprouted buckwheat, coconut, apple, sunflower oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and cardamom.
It was made by New Life Foods from the New Life Retreat in Lanark, Ont.
http://www.newliferetreat.com/ri_livingfoods.html

I made the milk by blending 15 brazil nuts, 7 dates and 2 c water in my K-tec. & then topped it with a bit of maple syrup. (I know, I know, I like it sweet!) Thank you Gwen! : )

My mom makes buckwheaties and I have a recipe here.. but I am googling it because I have to leave in a few minutes..

Good link- this is such a good place for me to store things to get back to: http://www.purerawcafe.com/shop.htm

Freedoms Raw recipes blog: http://freedomsrawrecipes.blogspot.com/

Ok, no recipe for buckwheaties.. but I think its easy. basically you sprout buckwheat (5 or 6 cups) and then you can add some other ingredients to it like a cup or 2 of coconut and maybe some cinnamon, apple -chopped up and whatever else you feel like. Then dry it in the dehydrator. I haven’t done it but my mom has. ; )

The cereal she is making now is made up of soaked nuts and seeds.
2 c almonds
2c seeds – pumpkin & sunflower
Apples
, cinnamon and salt.. I think that’s it, not sure if she puts any maple syrup or sweetener in or not.
Chop up all ingredients in processor until chunky and dehydrate. Spread on teflex and dry 12-24 hours (I’m guessing.. but see how easy raw is!) until dry enough to flip onto mesh & then continue to dry ..until dry. ; )

k. really have to run, was wonderful.. see you tomorrow.. remember peace ..and love ..and fun.
*smile*

No comments: