Tuesday, September 12, 2006

jade plants. chocolate, hugs and the Quan Yin method of meditation

I missed a day here yesterday.. my brother was right.. he changed ‘daily random musings’ to ‘daily musings’ in case I don’t always get here every day. .. he’s working on my website which this will one day be linked to. (& I appreciate it so much!!!) Not that I really need my own website as much now as I thought I would.. cause I was going to go into business for myself (‘RAWketScience’) ..but now that I’m working at Toronto Sprouts this is more of a hobby, a more relaxed endeavour. ..& honestly, I amaze myself that I get here as much as I do.. with 3 teenagers, family, working, everything that’s going on.. gym, yoga, etc, etc life.

..& now my new hobby which is starting today.. learning Spanish. The Chocolate guys are moving in.. They were there yesterday.. very fun. They may get us set up with some good Mexican – Latin music. I would love that. & they are planning some events.. a Chocolate party, a Live wine or something party. Michael was grinding into volcanic stones yesterday.. making ridges that will be used to grind their chocolate. They have this great bicycle like contraption chocolate grinder.. you sit & pedal it to make it go.. its great. Hey, maybe I can help them, get a little work-out in there. I am not sure if they have a name they go by ( I mean besides Michael & Graham) a chocolate company name.. don’t think they have a website, they don’t even have cell phones. ..but they do have about 20 events going on between now & mid October.. and they make the most amazing chocolate drinks!!!
Looking very forward to this collaboration. : )

Kaiya dreamed of making Raw Chocolate bars last night.. she was trying to remember what went in it.. cacao (was impressed, she pronounced it right: kakow) , honey.. couldn’t remember what else.. She eats my raw chocolate concoctions & loves them & I just shared some of my PurpleChocolateJesus bar.. although she wasn’t crazy about that. Guess that’s why she dreamed of making her own.

About Hugs.. I wanted to tell the story I recently heard about babies that were being taken care of in some American institution in Bosnia. They would have all these babies in one big room & they would have 6-7 babies all in one bed & they discovered after awhile that the babies that were closest to the wall were the ones who would get sick& die the first. It seems that it had a lot to do with how much they got touched.. the first ones out would get their diapers changed ( all of them often only once a day) and the first ones would get moved so they could change the diaper of the next& so on down the line to the last who were in by the wall.. they would get changed but that’s all the touching they would get.. and they realized that it was this touching that helped keep the babies on the outside alive for longer.

I was reading about the Quan Yin method of meditation on the subway yesterday. I picked up a bunch of brochures at the veggie food fair & was going through them. A lot on factory farming.. but I was having a hard time reading them.. so that’s probably why I really got into reading this brochure. It looks interesting. & there is a presentation being held on it & on The Supreme Master Ching Hai on the 1 day I don’t have anything planned for the next 3 weeks. (but can my family handle me gone so much??) I would really like to go to this.. we’ll see.

Its Sun, Sept 24, 2-5PM 5120 Yonge St, North York Central Library, meeting room 1 – upper level.
http://www.godsdirectcontact.com/

Daily practice of the Quan Yin Method of meditation, and the keeping of the Five Precepts are the only requirements after initiation. The Precepts are guidelines that help you not to harm yourself or any other living being. These practices will deepen and strengthen your initial enlightenment experience, and eventually lead to the highest level of Realization.

The Supreme Master Ching Hai promises that if an initiate practices the Quan Yin Method for two and a half hours a day and keeps the five precepts, he or she will not need to incarnate ever again. (Thankfully they also offer a convenient method of meditiation – for those of us not quite ready for the Quan Yin method & who don’t have 2 ½ hrs a day.. this convenient methos only involves ½ hr of meditation a day – and a pure veg diet at least 10 days a month.. but that parts already a done deal for me)

The Five Precepts:
1 – refrain from taking the life of sentient beings; (The keeping of this precept requires a vegan or lacto-vegetarian diet)
2 – refrain from speaking what is not true;
3 – refrain from taking what is not offered;
4 – refrain from sexual misconduct;
5 – refrain from the use of intoxicants.

Ok, I might be able to do this.. but if intoxicants includes either cacao or E3Live.. then forget it. Can’t do it. ; ) ..but I think we can get away with those.

What is Enlightenment?

Enlightenment means the knowing of light within ourselves, EN-LIGHTENED. The light within us will guide every footstep in our life to the correct destination. The word of God, the sound, the vibration, the music of heaven will whisper to us all the wisdom in the universe, and what we can do in our daily lives until we fulfill our duty as the blessed givers of this Earth.” – Supreme Master Ching Hai

This inner melody can heal all wounds, fulfill all desires and quench all worldly thirst. It is all-powerful and all-love. It is because we are made of this Sound that the contact with it brings peace and contentment to our heart. After listening to the sound, our whole being changes, our entire outlook on life is greatly altered for the best.” - Supreme Master Ching Hai

To be a noble being is the only choice. To walk forward doesn’t matter how difficult, to fly upward doesn’t matter how far, how high, we just have to try again and again, until there is nothing but goodness that resides within us, until we recognize nothing but the Kingdom of God within ourselves.”

..am off now to try to find a jade plant to buy down on Kinston Rd take to work, & smoothie delivery & then work again. It’s becoming my home away from home.. think we are making raw bread this morning.. good rainy day thing to do.. hopefully to some Latin tunes. Peace out mi amigos, Buenos Dias!!!

pic is from http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senior/flowers/Jade-57.htm
I would like to have used a pic of a painting I painted one time with my Mom.. its of a special huge jade plant of hers in this oriental vase that I got as a wedding present & gave to her.. it has a Van Gogh pic on the wall, it was so fun painting it..well, I rememeber getting so frustrated at one moment.. painting can be like that, kind of emotional .. but that was a very speacial painting moment between my mom & I.. we stayed up half the night painting & playing music together.. good time! ..such a special mom! Love you : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please do not go!
It is a secret society.
You have no idea how they use this form of meditation or what is involved.
You will be put into a trance
you are guided
thoughout this whole process
and become in a hypnotized state of bliss
Your free will is not the same
being that you will only think about the person who is in charge incontroll of your mind subtley and want to serve only her.
And you will break up your family over it thinking you are doing a humanitarian effort.

BEWARE!!
and Do not attend.
Stay vegitarian or vegan
You dont need this falsehood
Its appealing but very deceptive.
and everone who is good hearted will or may fall for it.
they will not tell you anything before hand, its a secret.