Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Master Cleansing once again

So I am on Day 4 now of the Master Cleanse. I have to admit I love this cleanse. I am not a big fan of lemons in general, but in this combination I love it! .. and maybe it's a bit of a guilty pleasure to get some maple syrup in also - which I really love, it's one of my little non-raw indulgences - not often, but sometimes. & I am a spice fan, so the cayenne works for me..

I did the Master Cleanse just before going raw.. I first went raw coming straight off this cleanse 3-4 years ago and have ever looked back. I love the raw lifestyle!!

However, this past winter/spring has been my toughest time in sticking with eating all raw. I went though a lot of changes recently: separation from my husband (of almost 20 years- although he's an incredible guy and we are getting along well now!) We have 3 kids - ages 15 - 19 - the 2 older boys are living with him (empty nest syndrome). We sold our house & I moved into an apartment. ..New job (Rawlicious) ..New relationship (James) ...I'm sure I could think of more things in there - It felt like the rug got swept out from under my feet and I kind of landed into a whole new life.
so, I went though some emotional stuff and really recognized first-hand all about emotional eating.

It can be quite easy in emotional times to over eat on those cashew based desserts (hey they're labeled raw!) well.. I was heading straight for them - ice cream and cheezecake - and although I did always stay at least 90% - there were a few times I wavered slightly. The other non-raw things I went for here & there occasionally were non-raw nuts or seeds.. or steamed lightly cooked veg, only a few and only if they were already around, at restaurants or eating out. Down deep I think I really needed it for grounding. ..but I also knew that eating these was temporary and I could never see going back to cooked!!

I tried juice feasting and lasted 3 days, I wanted to be part of the global juice feast that started March 1, but I knew I wasn't ready.

But now - I feel like it's time to get back to eating more purely. Time to lighten up - and I know it's the right time because the Master Cleanse that I have just started is easy this time!! I feel like drinking the lemonade and lots of water. It just feels right. So it's the perfect time.

I am seriously in cleanse mode right now: cleansing to get ready for a bigger spiritual cleanse!

Dia das Maes




Ayahuasca (or ‘yage’) is a magic potion that has been brewed for millennia by Indian shamans (a.k.a. ‘vegetalistas’ or ‘ayahuasqueros’) in the Amazon rainforests of South-America.
The word ayahuasca means ‘vine of the soul’ (‘aya’ means spirit, ancestor or soul; ‘huasca’ means rope or vine, after Banisteriopsis caapi, the most used plant in the brew).
The potion is used to make contact with the spirit world, in the Western world better known as the (collective) unconscious. This contact can help to solve emotional, psychic and physical problems, to prophesy or to worship gods.

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Congrats on your MC progress so far! That's so great. I keep saying how one of these days I'm going to do that but I haven't enough gumption yet.

Best wishes to you!

Eliezer Sobel said...

Talk about master cleansing: you didn't mention that before (and while) ayahuasca connects you to the spirit world, most people violently vomit repeatedly! (And often spontaneously release through other bodily openings as well.)
I spent three weeks in Brazil with a community (the Santo Daime) and we took it every three nights. It actually was quite an experience, but to give you an idea, after throwing up out a church window for the umpteenth time at 4 in the morning, and then looking around the room, I found myself thinking, "What kind of path to God requires bringing along a change of underwear?!"

I tell the full story in my book, The 99th Monkey: A Spiritual Journalist's Misadventures with Gurus, Messiahs, Sex, Psychedelics and Other Consciousness-Raising Adventures. You can read the Prologue here to see if it interests you:

http://www.the99thmonkey.com

Or, I've also posted just the story of my ayahuasca experience here:

https://www.eliezersobel.com/brazil.html

best,
Eliezer Sobel

"Peace Through Kindness" said...

Namaste friend,

I'm sorry to hear that you have gone through such dramatic change. I went through that 7 years ago, and I know how it can make your whole life feel upside down and inside out.

It is very inspiring to hear that you remained raw through that whole process. Every place I live (tends to be rural wilderness) has no raw foodists, so I am always on my own with it, and I do struggle quite a bit because everyone I know eats nearly all cooked food, and I feel lonely in my interests.

Thank you for sharing your story, because it helps me to hang in there in moments when I may struggle with food choice as well.

Mostly I just love it. Unlike you I have slipped at moments, and it does make me feel yucky if I have. So that in itself is also a reminder of what my body truly loves.

Thank you again, Love, Heather Lalita

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

HiHeather,
I have to admit that I have been really blessed to have many great supportive friends around. That helps - but overall - even when I ate something not raw, and it wasn't really often.. I did it very consciously and made wise food choices ; ) I know what you mean when you say I just love it ..and writing a raw blog helps. : ) Hugs ..really great to hear from you!!

Eliezer - yes it is definitely an extreme religion ..ayahuasca is not for everyone. Wow, you really jumped right in, didn't you. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. My 1st time was very very profound and I got a lot out of it..it was a very important experience in my life. & I am very grateful to have heard about it & have the opportunity to experience it. (many, many have not even heard of it)
Best wishes ..and btw, I like your artwork very much.

Hey Rosie - the Master Cleanse is quite easy, esp after the first 2 days. you really have lots of energy on it. I just finished a long day working..although it would have been awesome to lay in bed, and probably lots more beneficial - but, hey, we do the best we can!
Hugs, ..& let me know when you try it! ; )