Friday, July 04, 2008

Kale Chips

Kale chips are sooo easy to make & delicious. They were so good that when we opened the dehydrater to try them, they almost all got eaten immediately!! I had to hold everyone off to get them on a plate to take a picture to post (what dedication! ; )

Easy, easy, easy.. Cut out the center tough stem part of the kale.
I used 2 big bunches of beautiful organic dark kale that we bought at the market.
Then cut each piece in 4 - You can layer & cut them all together so it it super quick.

In a mixing bowl pour a couple Tablespoons of olive oil, some (1/2t or less) of garlic, onion and chili powder, some cayenne, 1t of salt.. & I think I put 1 t of basil... & maybe a bit of cumin. Mix all together and then put the kale in the bowl and mix it into the oil mixture - I used my hands.
Spread out on dehydrator trays (I got my Mom to do this ; ) -Mom's been great!! Check it after 4 hours, but I think we left it in for about 6 - it should be crispy.

It's so good - I thought much better than chips - & you're eating kale - how amazing is this!?!
ps. So, Mom & I are just getting back from Live, we tried so many dishes!! It's great for Mom to try lots of raw things while she is here - before heading back to NB - no raw restaurants there yet! (Thanks for the amazing dinner!!! - and the fun Japanese socks - we really had fun with them - pic of Mom & Daniela trying them on! )


Anonymous said...

Nice socks!

Tavian :)

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

; ) Thanks!

HiHoRosie said...

Cute sox! ha ha!

And yummy on the kale chips. Now I just need to make them. I think we would love them! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

jessica said...

i love kale chips. will try your incredients.
cute socks.

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

My pleasure Rosie - they are so delicious!!
Hope you like them Jessica!

Juicy Goosey said...

Wow These look/sound amazing!!!! Excellent!! I think you inspired me to get a dehydrator : )

Anonymous said...

Great and simple recipe for some healthy chips. Great snack idea. I'll try and sprinkle some nama shoyu before dehydrating.

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

It is an amzing recipe - & yes, I am sure nama shoyu would be delicious on them also!
Enjoy, great to hear from you all!