Friday, July 04, 2008

Kale Chips

Kale chips are sooo easy to make & delicious. They were so good that when we opened the dehydrater to try them, they almost all got eaten immediately!! I had to hold everyone off to get them on a plate to take a picture to post (what dedication! ; )

Easy, easy, easy.. Cut out the center tough stem part of the kale.
I used 2 big bunches of beautiful organic dark kale that we bought at the market.
Then cut each piece in 4 - You can layer & cut them all together so it it super quick.

In a mixing bowl pour a couple Tablespoons of olive oil, some (1/2t or less) of garlic, onion and chili powder, some cayenne, 1t of salt.. & I think I put 1 t of basil... & maybe a bit of cumin. Mix all together and then put the kale in the bowl and mix it into the oil mixture - I used my hands.
Spread out on dehydrator trays (I got my Mom to do this ; ) -Mom's been great!! Check it after 4 hours, but I think we left it in for about 6 - it should be crispy.

It's so good - I thought much better than chips - & you're eating kale - how amazing is this!?!
Incredible!!
ps. So, Mom & I are just getting back from Live, we tried so many dishes!! It's great for Mom to try lots of raw things while she is here - before heading back to NB - no raw restaurants there yet! (Thanks for the amazing dinner!!! - and the fun Japanese socks - we really had fun with them - pic of Mom & Daniela trying them on! )

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks!

Tavian :)

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

; ) Thanks!

HiHoRosie said...

Cute sox! ha ha!

And yummy on the kale chips. Now I just need to make them. I think we would love them! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

jessica said...

i love kale chips. will try your incredients.
cute socks.

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

My pleasure Rosie - they are so delicious!!
Hope you like them Jessica!

Patti-licious said...

Wow These look/sound amazing!!!! Excellent!! I think you inspired me to get a dehydrator : )

Anonymous said...

Great and simple recipe for some healthy chips. Great snack idea. I'll try and sprinkle some nama shoyu before dehydrating.
Paul
http://www.toxindetox.com

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

It is an amzing recipe - & yes, I am sure nama shoyu would be delicious on them also!
Enjoy, great to hear from you all!
Hugs!