Saturday, October 21, 2006

Muchas Cosas - Pizza Bread, Tulsi, protection, people, colors, Castenada, Zen flow, Toronto Zombie Walk & After Dark Festival

I am bursting ..con muchas cosas.. so much going on in my head, swirling information.. it was a busy day yesterday at work.. so many people dropping by.. my mind is a sponge & I have been picking up things everywhere.. I feel like an information attractor, like one of those poles downtown that gets all the events & happenings stapled to it.. but no staples, a magnet. So this is like my unloading station.. getting things off my mind here.. like a lint brush going backwards.. I heard analogies are better than real life.. sometimes they are, it’s amazing the little things that someone says that stay with you.

I have so many topics I want to write about but they would all take time &/or concentration & I am all over the place in my mind.. its like I need to do that random straightening up in here before I get down to deep cleaning of issues.. but some big issues are (& will one day soon be addressed): geomancy, Li Chung Yun, recipe books, Christiania, flipped through Naked Chocolate book, so more on cacao.. & I am working on a choc chip cookie recipe today so I am bursting with recipe ideas for that.. and the pasta recipes I made a few days ago, don’t to want them slip too far by, they were so good.. and the raw bread-pizza crust recipe from Erika’s workshop booklet that I promised someone to send her & said it might be easier to post in my blog.. so I will do that right now! It is something like the raw bread we use to make sandwiches with at work. Not the same, but a good place to work from..

Pizza Sandwich Bread

12 cups vegetable pulp from juicing
or
12 cups equal amounts carrot, celery, zucchini
1 bunch parsley
2 c red onions
4 c flax, ground
½ c nutritional yeast
1 T dried kelp powder
3 T nama shoyu or Braggs
2 c sun-dried tomatoes, soaked until soft
2 c extra-virgin olive oil

If not using pulp, process vegetables in food processor. I don’t think I would use much celery.. root vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower would also work well. Blend in parsley, onions & tomatoes. I think I might use less onion & oil but you can experiment. Transfer all veg to bowl & add rest of ingredients. Mix all well together. Spread on teflex sheets, oiling them slightly will help with peeling later. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 3 hours, flip onto mesh and dry for another 1 – 1 ½ hours. This amount of time will leave the bread moist and pliable. I would probably dry overnight & flip in the morning.. but I like it firmer and you can experiment with times. Store bread in refrigerator or freezer in zip-lock bags or container.

I have to leave early this morning also.. Loving Nature, my fav health food store close to home is opening a bit early so I can grab a few things before I go to work, they are amazing down there, incredible customer service!

Protection was a big theme yesterday. Alan came in in the morning and was shaking oil around. When he first walked by I smelled something, & I thought it was just something he was wearing, then I noticed he had a bottle & was shaking oil from it around on the floor. I asked about it.. it was called Vishnu – an ayurvedic oil blend for protection. I am just looking it up, it is based on the Tulsi plant:

“Holy Basil or Tulsi is the most sacred plant in India. Its quality is pure Sattva. Holy Basil opens the heart and mind, bestowing the energy of love and devotion. Sacred to Vishnu and Krishna, it strengthens faith, compassion and clarity. Tulsi Beads are worn by Indian Holy men to promote attachment to God and used for chanting on to increase divine Love for the Supreme. Holi Basil gives the protection of the divine by clearing the aura and strengthening the immune system. It contains a natural form of mercury which is non toxic free from the toxic elements that are in liquid mercury which gives the seed power of pure awareness.
The plant should be kept in every house for its purifing influence. Holy Basil absorbs negative ions, and liberates ozone from the suns rays.
Holy Basil is an effective diaphoretic in most colds, flus and lung problems. It removes excess kapha from the lungs, and nasal passage, increasing prana and sensory acuity, It also removes high vata from the colon, improves absorption and strengthens the nerve tissue and increases memory.” From http://www.ayurveda-herbs.com/holy%20basil.htm

Tulsi has also been recognized by the rishis for thousands of years as a prime herb in Ayurvedic treatment. It has been traditionally used by Hindus, and now others, for its diverse healing properties. Tulsi is mentioned by Acharya Charak, in the Charak Samhita, the central teaching of Ayurvedic medicine written at least two thousand years ago, and in the Rigveda. Tulsi is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body, and helpful for adapting to stress. Marked by its strong aroma and astringent taste, Tulsi is regarded as a kind of "elixir of life" and believed to promote longevity.”
The presence of a Tulsi plant symbolizes the religious bent of a Hindu family. In many traditions (i.e Vaishnavism), a household is considered incomplete if it doesn't have a Tulsi plant. Many families have the Tulsi planted in a specially built structure, which has images of deities installed on all four sides, and an alcove for small earthen oil lamp. Some households can even have up to a dozen Tulsi plants on the verandah or in the garden forming a "Tulsi-van" or "Tulsivrindavan" — a miniature basil forest.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulasi

"As by chanting the name of Ganges, one becomes free from all kinds of worldly sins, if someone chants the name of Tulasi or chants the glories of Lord Hari with devotion, he gets the same merit." - From the Brhan Naradiya Purana

Alan talked about bells also - how the Druids always had bells. The sound of the bells gets rid of spirits, negative energies.. Look at a baby who’s crying & you give him a rattle and he shakes it & stops crying.. he’s clearing the energy, babies know intuitively these things because they are so pure, so open, so innocently open.

The conversation on the subway on the way home.. someone asked about my ring, about Judith.. this woman was psychic, told me things.. asked about me, if I was a witch, had to think about that one.. lol I asked if she was, she reads tarot cards, works as a psychic.. tarot cards are great.. I still haven’t posted my meanings.. Kaiya stopped working on those, it’s half typed out, I’ll get her to finish that up & post them. ..but this lady told me lots of interesting things. Some people just know things. I tend to attract these kinds of people, I love that. : )

Jay came in, Jay Douglas.. he’s an entertainer, singer. We listened to his cd while he was in, it was great. & he’s such a great person to talk to.. some people just are.

ChocoSol.. the chocolate guys attract so many interesting people.. they had friends who were Mayan in.. it was so much laughing, talking, singing, talking yesterday.. the lady from Alternative Grounds was in – a leader in Fair Trade. & ChocoSol is all about that. http://www.alternativegrounds.com/show.php

Our space is becoming a wonderful drop in center. The bookcase is evolving wonderfully.. saw some new books, a few really interesting ones that I need to explore, the Dalia Lamas book of daily mediations, a few soul books and one by Castenada..
& the conversation with Randy last night & he just bought a few books yesterday: one by Castenada also & one by Chopra.

& the very cool video game he found online.. a Zen game – Flow
is this is? http://www.crazygames.com/game/flow I don’t think so.. it’s something where you start as an amoeba..?? ..but tomorrow I have the day off & I can search

wow, I have to run.. going to gather pencil crayons.. to attach to a wall for people to color in Quetzalcoatl, the Mayan chocolate god. Dorit & I started it & no one has touched it since.. so Graham & I figured if we have all these colors hanging from strings on the wall..

Yikes.. and I am running out of time & need to make green smoothies!

: ) have a great day!

Oh, ps.. one more thing. Sunday is the Toronto Zombie walk - http://www.torontozombiewalk.com/
Which ends at the Toronto after dark film festival: http://www.torontoafterdark.com/

Wow! That was a lot! ..but I feel much better : )
Have a spectacular, fun-filled and colorful day!

No comments: