Friday, October 27, 2006

another name? raw cookies, raw cookbooks ..beating the food giants, food and behavior, folk recipes

I was up late last night making raw cookies – need a name for them.. I can’t decide what to call them.. they are not baked and I keep saying cookies.. not rawies! hmmm
Something that goes with RawketScience.. like meteorites or asteroids or divine ?? Or heavenly, planetary, astral .. ykwim. They are cacao- cacao chip, 1 ½” approx - very circular. If anyone has a great name, e-mail me. If I use it, I’ll be happy to make you a dozen. : )


I have been asked lately a lot what are my favorite raw cookbooks.
They are:

The Raw Gourment – by Nomi Shannon
Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by Dr. Gabriel Cousins
Living Cuisine by Renee Loux-Underkoffler
Raw Food, Real World by Matthew Kenney and Selma Melngailis

I have bought two cookbooks recently which I think will end up in my favorites list:

Healthful Cuisine by Anna Maria Clement and Kelly Serbonich
&
Celebrating Our Raw Nature by Dorit

There are quite a few books that I don’t have.
I have read & copied lots of recipes out of this one (my mom has it):

The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods by Lori Baird and Julie Rodwell (editors)
It’s a compilation of recipes from lots of raw chefs and has lots of great information in it.

There are so many online recipes also.. just google ‘raw recipes’.
This was one of my favorites when I was just getting started: http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm



Online book: Paul A StittBeating the Food Giants
read it here: http://www.whale.to/v/stitt_b.html

& a book by Barbara R. StittFood and Behavior – Barbara worked as a parole officer and examines the role played between food allergies and junk food on behavior

Deadly Diet article by Carol Simontacchi:
http://www.rlnn.com/ArtOct05/DeadlyDiet.html - quick summary: These studies show that nutritional deficiencies caused by bad diet aren't just being linked to health problems -- they're likely behind many societal problems, from crime to learning difficulties, as well.

Carol Simontacchi, CCN, MS is author of The Crazy Makers: How the Food Industry Is Destroying Our Brains and Harming Our Children (Penguin) says quite simply, "We need to start eating real food."


Folk Remedies and Holistic Cures: http://www.earthclinic.com/remedies.html

pics are not uploading again today! Hmm.. wonder what's up with that?
mercury maybe ..!?!?

1 comment:

Cyan & Crystal Jude from the astral plane said...

How about Missle Toes!!!

Having fun reading your blog.

Cyan