Sunday, October 22, 2006

Cookies! -thoughts and attitudes

It’s raining out again.. so much rain lately. It’s a Libra thing I hear, it always rains a lot when there are lots of planets in Libra.

I am doing cookie experimenting this weekend. I made 3 types last night & they are in the dehydrator right now: Cacao, Cacao-Cacao Chip, and Cacao-Goji Berry. I bought lots of cookie ingredients and loaded up on lots of cacao from my workmates, ChocoSol, my cookie experiment sponsors. I promised to bring in cookies on Monday for a taste testing session. I am making the lighter cookies today – with a base of raw oats, almond and coconut and flavors of almond, goji berry, cacao and maybe lemon. My original intention was to find the ultimate raw cacao chip cookie recipe.. and I will get there, this is just my way. We all have different paths, some take a simpler approach.. I tend to go through the complex and narrow it down to simple. It’s just the way it works for me.

I am thinking about a man I saw crossing the street at Bloor and Bathurst. We passed each other and our eyes met and we silently acknowledged each other with a slight smile and a look in the eyes like we knew each other well. He was wearing a poncho and from another walk of life and I had never seen him before that I remember but it was an intimate moment that even now lives with me.. I think we were good friends before.

I am thinking about something Steve said to me: “You have the best life!” & I agree, I really do. I am so blessed & so fortunate.

1 quick story & I am off to go make cookies.. I have lots of fun things I want to go do. I am showing up for myself today! : )

My Mom sent me this in an e-mail this morning:

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did, and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "Hmmm, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did, and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything. As the saying goes: "The kind of life you will have is not determined by what happens to you, it is determined by your reaction to what happens to you."

Pic of my daughter, Kaiya - who is in the kitchen eating cookies from the dehydrator right now. Kaiya just got her hair cut short.. used to be really long! .. she's cute no matter what she does. : )

No comments: