Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My PreWorkout Smoothie, Strawberries and Broccoli Sprouts

Happy Canada Day Strawberries!!!
: )
I hear fireworks going off outside.. I watched some last night, out on a late night walk with my son. But I am missing them tonight. I just got back from a long walk on the beach, barefoot, feet in sand - love that!! I had another great workout at the gym today.. getting so into the weights again, it feels so good. & lots of cardio with my new playlist. They have this incredible massage chair there, it is like Heaven after a workout - I indulged in a sauna after that also. : )

I am really into this new Pre-workout Smoothie I have been making the last few days.
It consists of:
1 Banana
2-3 T Cacao (I use raw cacao mass, but powdered or nibs would be good also)
3 T Hemp Protein Powder (or Hemp seeds)
2 T Honey
1 T Bee Pollen
1 T Maca
1 T MSM
1 T extra-virgin Coconut Oil
2 t Spirulina
1 t Reishi powder

The ingredients can change some, depending on what you have or like to take. Other mushrooms, Goji berries, herbs ..it's been really working for me at the gym lately.

oh, and before taking this - at least 1/2 an hour before - I drank, I'm taking a deep breath before even writing it - 4-5 ozs of pure broccoli sprout juice. Wow, now theres a powerful drink!
My friend owns a sprout farm and they happened to have an abundance of broccoli sprouts - so yesterday morning my bf got called down and came back with 8 kilos of broccoli sprouts!!!

I have been juicing broccoli sprouts yesterday & today like crazy .. I had a whole pitcherful juiced when James got back from buying ice cube trays to freeze it in. He said it was like liquid gold - that he thought that pitcher alone could pretty much cure cancer - lol , slight exaggeration - but it's pretty powerful medicine!! So, 8 trays yesterday and almost another 8 today.. I had my whole fridge yesterday pretty much stuffed with sprouts.. crazy - but, now its frozen in little cubes. I am thinking salt and a lime chaser might be a good idea. ; )

"JOHNS HOPKINS SCIENTISTS have found a new and highly concentrated source of sulforaphane, a compound they identified in 1992 that helps mobilize the body's natural cancer-fighting resources and reduces risk of developing cancer.

"Three-day-old broccoli sprouts consistently contain 20 to 50 times the amount of chemoprotective compounds found in mature broccoli heads, and may offer a simple, dietary means of chemically reducing cancer risk," says Paul Talalay, M.D., J.J. Abel Distinguished Service Professor of Pharmacology." more here.

No comments: