They make you feel better, stronger, clearer, happier, freer to make better decisions and more empowered! ..and more and more studies are supporting what we already know!
Gogi Berries - Lycium Barbarum, Traditionally, lycium berry has been used to treat inflammation, skin irritation, nose bleeds, aches, pains and as a sedative. It is also commonly used with other botanicals in Chinese medicine for poor vision, anemia, and cough. A polysaccharide isolated from lycium has been shown to have anti-tumorigenic, immune enhancing, and hepatoprotective properties in vitro. It also showed radiosensitizing effects in mice. Data from an observational study done in China in 1994 suggest that Lycium Barbarum Polysaccharides have positive effects when used with certain cancer treatments (more & studies from here)
Maca - Maca has been used traditionally to enhance fertility and sexual performance in both men and women and to relieve menopausal symptoms. It has been purported to treat cancer and to improve stamina in cancer patients. Although animal studies show increased sexual function, few human trials have been performed. One human study showed increased libido, while another showed improved sperm production and sperm motility. Both studies showed that physiologic effects were not due to serum hormone levels. The hexanic extract of maca appears to be more effective at improving sexual performance in rats than methanolic and chloroformic extracts. Data also indicates that maca increases endurance in rats (More and studies from here)
Blue-Green Algae - The protein and vitamin content may contribute to any alleviation of fatigue. Calcium spirulan, a polysaccharide extract from Spirulina platensis, demonstrates inhibition of HIV-1 viral replication via possible binding and disruption of CD4-gp120 interaction in vitro, although the clinical significance of this is unknown. In vitro, calcium spirulan also inhibits replication of herpes simplex I, cytomegalovirus, and influenza. Studies performed in healthy humans suggest that AFA-algae increase the level of circulating natural killer cells. In vitro studies also suggest that AFA-algae has antiviral and antimutagenic activity. Other studies suggested spirulina has chemoprotective and radioprotective effects in animals through the stimulation of the hemopoietic system. (more here)
Cordyceps -( a fungus [mushroom] which grows on a caterpillar larvae) is used for a wide range of conditions including fatigue, sexual dysfunction, coughs, and as an adaptogen or immune stimulant. In addition to anecdotal data regarding efficacy, small clinical trials have been performed, but only review articles are available in English. No adverse effects have been reported.
Cordyceps stimulates the number of T helper cells, prolongs the survival of lymphocytes, enhances TNF-alpha and interleukin 1 production, and increases the activity of natural killer cells in cultured rat Kupffer cells. Enhanced proliferation of erythroid progenitor cell in the bone marrow of mice is also shown. One study suggests that cordyceps can stimulate progesterone production in animal cells. Another study shows that cordyceps may be effective against tumor celIs by down-regulating MHC class II antigen expression. (more and studies here)
Noni - in vitro and animal studies suggest that the plant extracts have antifungal, antitumor and immunomodulatory properties. Noni also inhibits low-density-lipoprotein oxidation and has been suggested for use in preventing arteriosclerosis. Glycosides and other constituents isolated from the fruits and leaves have demonstrated antioxidant effects. In addition, high concentration (>5%) of noni juice was shown to have anti-angiogenic properties in an ex vivo assay. (more here)
Zeolite is a mineral formed from the fusion of lava and ocean water, and combines all four elements.
The results of research on zeolite are very impressive:
1. Zeolite appears to prevent and may become an important treatment for cancer. In one study, 78 percent of the 65 participants with terminal cancer (all types) are now in complete remission for 12 months (LifeLink Pharmaceuticals, 2005).
2. It has a chelation-like effect in removing heavy metals (particularly lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic), pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and other toxins from the body. These toxins are strongly correlated with the occurrence of a wide range of diseases, including cancers and neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, autism, and dementia.
3. Zeolite also improves liver function, indirectly improving elimination of pesticides, herbicides, and xeno-estrogens.
4. Zeolite appears to block viral replication, and may prove to be a potent anti-viral and general remedy for all viruses. To date, 40 anecdotal cases of herpes zoster have reportedly been healed. Preliminary anecdotal case studies suggest that it may help alleviate rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and hepatitis C as well as the common cold and flu.
5. Zeolite’s binding power was proven during the Chernobyl disaster, when tons of it were used to remove radioactive cesium and strontium-90 before they contaminated local water systems.
6. Zeolite creates a natural buffer in the system by establishing an optimal pH level (between 7.35 and 7.45), which in turn activates healthy brain function and a strong immune system.
7. It shows promise as an effective detoxifier for prospective mothers. Recently, at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, zeolite was added to the protocol for the 10-day detoxification program for prospective mothers. In two women who just completed the program, toxins in their breast tissue dropped significantly – from 12 in one and 13 in the other to only two – over the course of seven days. Although anecdotal evidence and centuries of use in Asia suggest that zeolite is safe to use even during pregnancy and breastfeeding, its safe use in pregnancy has not been proven in double-blind studies.
8. According to testimonials, zeolite promotes a sense of well-being, clarity, and happiness. It appears to do this as a consequence of eliminating toxins and also, according to preliminary research, by increasing serotonin production. One study suggests that zeolite also helps relieve depression.
9. Anecdotal reports suggest that zeolite increases energy, immune function, and general health.
10. Zeolite neutralizes the formation of nitrosamines in the stomach. Found in processed meats, nitrosamines are one cause of stomach cancer. Another positive effect on the stomach, according to many anecdotal reports, is relief of acid reflux.
11. Testimonials suggest that zeolite captures triggering antigens, which cause allergies, migraines, and asthma, decreasing the rate and severity of these symptoms.
12. Zeolite directly absorbs free radicals and thus decreases free radical activity and damage to the body. (more here)