Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sleep & my dream car

Yesterday was Jim’s & my 17th wedding anniversary. It was also his families reunion, and we got home late .. in case anyone was wondering what happened to me yesterday. When we got home the day was almost over & so we just went to sleep.

& speaking of sleep I am posting an excerpt for an e-mail I received from Roger Haeske on exactly that today.

I found this quite interesting because I have not been getting much sleep lately. I keep hearing how you don't need as much sleep when you go raw. & it's true. Especially lately.. I have been taking lots of E3Live & doing wheatgrass shots & lost of green smoothies & superfoods.. and my cells are having a awesome little energy buzz going.. it's like a natural high going on, very cool! But when I read this I realized that even though I can go on less sleep quite easily - I have slept about 5 hours for the past 3 nights - It's probably not the best thing to do. I am quite capable of sleeping more.. and probably my gym performance really would be better, which I am just realizing after reading this.. so that's it, I am going to make a point of getting more sleep.. It's a good thing!

“This easy and extremely enjoyable, peak performance factor makes you stronger, faster and smarter. You'll start achieving new personalbests in fitness, business and every other area of your life.

You'll even get more done because you'll be mentally sharper and have explosive energy levels. There's even scientific evidence thatpeople who do more of this are thinner. Certainly if you want to feel and look your best and be youthful, then you must do enough of this every day.
Yet everyone these days is trying to get by with less of this. By now you probably guessed what I am talking about. I'm talking about sleep and in general getting more rest.

Whenever I'm trying to break my own fitness records, I can never do so unless I've had at least two days in a row of lots of sleep. You maynot know this but the best long-distance runners in the world, the Kenyans are on their backs for 16 to 20 hours a day during peak competition season. They may sleep up to 14 hours per day. Top professional athletes in general sleep 10 to 12 hours a day.

They sleep a lot and they also rest as much as possible by lying on their backs and closing their eyes. Sleep is the only way to recharge your vital nerve energy. Everything in your body will work at its best when you've slept as much as your body needed to fully recover and regenerate from the previous day's activities.

I don't believe you can sleep too much, only too little. Even if you did sleep more than you needed to that particular day, it simply meansthe next day you will naturally sleep less.

Most people who drink coffee and take other stimulants are sleep deprived and need the coffee to falsely stimulate them into a sense ofwakefulness. I urge you to stop drinking coffee and get enough rest. Coffee is not a substitute for sleep and people who drink coffee don't sleep as deeply and restfully as those who don't.

Coffee is a shortcut to old age and disease.

*** Quick Tip ***

Any time you know you have to stay up the whole night ahead of time, just make sure to get a few extra hours sleep the day before. You'll see it will be easy to get through the night and the next day by doing that.”


May you be blessed with hours & hours of long and beautiful sleep!

& wonderful dreams!


I received the most amazing little red sports car in one of my dreams last night.. it was personalized & everything, had my name & insignia kind of sandblasted into the bottom of my rear view mirror & vanity plates.. it was a convertible.. I saw it & loved it so much & then it just appeared in my garage for me.. a present.
& I had this awesome art studio I was working in.. but I was paining pictures of the Simpsons!!?? ..really cool paintings, but there was at least one Simpsons character in each one. Dreams are so weird.. & I love them so much!

Pic from www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rr/06solstice.htm

No comments: