Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Science and Salad Dressing - the basics


Putting the size of our world into perspective.
http://www.rense.com/general72/size.htm


This is really cool!
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/
Secret Worlds: The Universe Within
View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from the Earth. Then move through space towards the Earth in successive orders of magnitude until you reach a tall oak tree just outside the buildings of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Florida. After that, begin to move from the actual size of a leaf into a microscopic world that reveals leaf cell walls, the cell nucleus, chromatin, DNA and finally, into the subatomic universe of electrons and protons.

My favorite Salad Dressing

1 lemon – juiced
Same amount or less olive oil – or garlic-chili flax oil (it’s really, really good!)
1T honey – unpasterurized of course
Celtic sea salt, to taste
& I usually sprinkle in some Mrs Dash, which is a salt free herbal seasoning blend.
& garlic, if I am using olive oil.. unless I am in a rush

Opt. a dash of balsamic vinegar (not raw), or tamari (or nama shoyu)
& once in awhile I use maple syrup instead of honey.. it’s good & mixes well & I have this tiny glass jar I put all the ingredients & take with me for when I am working all day – running from one job to another, like today.

I often get asked how to make my salad dressing & copying it down while I tell them.. so I think this is a pretty good recipe. ..& it's really easy! Enjoy!

Garlic-Chili flax oil from Omega nutrition provides the beneficial essential fatty acids (EFAs) from flax, and anti-oxidants from garlic and chili.
It is micro-processed and low temperature pressed (86 - 99 F / 30 - 37 C) without light and oxygen using the unique omegaflo process.
It comes in a black bottle.
It can be found at many health food stores and even health sections in larger grocery stores. I saw it at Loblaws.
It is organic and the seeds are not genetically modified.
1% of gross sales goes to support sustainable agriculture

No comments: