Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy belated Valentines - my Dad


My Dad died peacefully yesterday morning - On Valentines.. which I felt was quite appropriate, that was so like him & he was so full of love! : )
I want to post more.. personal stuff. (my Butterfly story) ..but I am actually going in to work today & have limited time. Also my computer is still down & I am using a different computer this morning.


My family and I are heading out to NB early tomorrow morning, car trip again.. planning on coming back next Wed. The funeral is on Monday, burial on Tuesday.. Dad is being cremated tommorow.



Urantia on death:


When your earthly course in temporary form has been run, you are to awaken on the shores of a better world, and eventually you will be united with your faithful Adjuster in an eternal embrace. And this fusion constitutes the mystery of making God and man one, the mystery of finite creature evolution, but it is eternally true. Fusion is the secret of the sacred sphere of Ascendington, and no creature, save those who have experienced fusion with the spirit of Deity, can comprehend the true meaning of the actual values which are conjoined when the identity of a creature of time becomes eternally one with the spirit of Paradise Deity.



This is from one of my best friends , who has travelled with her family to Nb & stayed with my parents there.. and knows them quite well. (Thanks : )


"..I have been having such peaceful thoughts when I think of your dad. He always reminded me so much of a young, delightful and brilliant man I love to read about -- the little prince. His following words sound like what I think he would say to you if he could - maybe if you listen really hard, you'll hear him saying them, as I do."

”In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night…You – only you-…will have stars that can laugh!. And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me. You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure…

Mom got an e-mail the day before Dad died and sent it to me amazed.. because it came so randomly.. one of those e-mails forwarded to lots of people. It had a message for her:
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
There is one thing I know about you, by the sheer fact that you are reading this. This one thing puts you ahead of the 100 billion people who have called planet Earth their home. This fact about you is this: You, Joan, are alive! ...
in memory of Dad heres to living life gloriously and triumphantly.
(you do that always anyway Mom & I love you immensely ..always)

My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
And there is nothing in this world
That can ever change my love.
&One more thing.
I have been inspired yet again this morning by a poem sent by Lalita. Thank you!
A moment of happiness by Rumi
A moment of happiness
you and I sitting on the verandah,
apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.

We feel the flowing water of life here,
you and I,
with the garden's beauty and the birds singing.

The stars will be watching us,
and we will show them
what it is to be a thin crescent moon.

You and I unselfed, will be together,
indifferent to idle speculation, you and I.

The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar
as we laugh together, you and I.

In one form upon this earth,
and in another form in a timeless sweet land.

From:Kulliyat-e Shams, 2114

No comments: