Thursday, February 08, 2007

Beauty tips


I have always found skin care using natural ingredients to be the best, most effective beauty treatments.

My #1 skin care tip would have to be Go Raw. (of course!) That alone gives you amazing skin. I always had at least one red spot somewhere on my face that I would have to cover up.. something breaking out somewhere it seemed. Now.. nothing. Tight skin, pores get more & more refined, clear, smooth and even a better skin color.. almost like a slight tan. It’s amazing. Instead of getting wrinkles or looser dull aging skin I feel like mine is rejuvenating.. that makes me really happy.

That being said, I have - what I think to be - a couple of amazing beauty suggestions.

My favorite exfoliater.. I learned this as a teenager & its still my fav. ..although it is messy. Mix ½ & ½ cornmeal and oatmeal together. I have a glass bottle of this mixture under my bathroom sink all ready. Tie back hair. Wet face. Rub the mixture into your face.. It’ll fall around in the sink and make a mess but its worth it.

Face mask.. I only do this once in awhile. Kaiya & I used to do it together.. its fun to have green faces together. Green clay, found easily at health food stores in powder form is the best. Just mix the powder with water and put it on your face & leave until it dries and gets all cracked .. really fun.

Skin cream. I usually use shea butter.. this stuff is incredible!


Someone came in to work a few days ago and was telling me the wonders of Sea Buckthorn oil. I was going to go get some last night.. but.. well, long story. lol
But for your info: http://www.seabuckthorn.com/

Sea Salt and oil body scrub.
In an old tupperware container, mix a cup of salts (Celtic or Himalayan), enough extra virgin olive oil to mix well, and a few drops each of lavender and either peppermint or rosemary. The peppermint has a cooling effect–great for steamy summers. (Beware, though, any more than a few drops and you’ll feel like you’re naked in the middle of the Arctic).

Cocoa butter and peppermint lip balm.
Mix equal parts olive or almond oil and cocoa butter. Add a dollop of honey, a few drops of peppermint. Swirl together, blend well & stick in fridge to cool and voila! Natural lip balm.

This tip irom the most recent Beautiful on Raw newsletter: www.beautifulonraw.com

Beauty Tip - courtesy of Shirley LeMire:
I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe) No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle) Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free of germs.


& most importantly


Do One Thing For Yourself Everyday (at least - I do several! : )
Make yourself do it. It's the ultimate act of self-respect. Soak in the bubble bath or read an inspiring book. These little pleasures allow you to feel special.

Have a luxuriously special day!

No comments: