Monday, January 22, 2007

Necker Island, seeing, the truth, my 1st flower, all the time in the world, meditating 3 hours, for the young who want to.

via Robert Genn.... from a book of fiction by Orhan Pamuk..... " through our colours, paints, art and love, we remember that Allah (God) has commanded us to 'see' "

"The truth that can be spoken is not the truth." – Lao Tsu

I am painting today – my 1st flower of my year long series. I just came up to do some online banking and now I am off to the gym.. long cardio, just added a lot of new songs to my mp3 player.. and yoga class after that. Then shopping. I was up early making juice & cookies and breakfast for the kids, kaiya off to early volleyball practice. But I am not busy.. I have all the time in the world to do anything & everything I want.

This last statement was inspired by my brother who told me last night that I always say I am so busy.. and its true, I am guilty of that. & also inspired by someone at the breakthrough seminar sat eve who said she says she always says that she never has time for anything & doesn’t.. so she has just started saying and telling herself she has all the time in the world..

Which we all truly do. However, I just want to add that although even if I said I was busy before.. and I will try not to do that so much.. I know I am flowing.. the way it is & the way it should be. I like being busy to a certain degree.. as long as it is peaceful flowing busy.

Randy reminded me of something Gahndi said. ‘Each day I meditate for an hour. On busy days I meditate for 3.’ That’s a very rough quote.

Time is aman-made illusion. It is our only unrenewable resource. ..which I beleive is simply because it is not real.. but another topic, another day..


For the young who want to
-Marge Piercy

Talent is what they say
you have after the novel
is published and favorably
reviewed. Beforehand what
you have is a tedious
delusion, a hobby like knitting.

Work is what you have done
after the play is produced
and the audience claps.
Before that friends keep asking
when you are planning to go
out and get a job.

Genius is what they know you
had after the third volume
of remarkable poems. Earlier
they accuse you of withdrawing,
ask why you don't have a baby,
call you a bum.

The reason people want M.F.A.'s,
take workshops with fancy names
when all you can really
learn is a few techniques,
typing instructions and some-
body else's mannerisms

is that every artist lacks
a license to hang on the wall
like your optician, your vet
proving you may be a clumsy sadist
whose fillings fall into the stew
but you're certified a dentist.

The real writer is one
who really writes. Talent
is an invention like phlogiston
after the fact of fire.
Work is its own cure. You have to
like it better than being loved.

Copyright 1980, Middlemarsh, Inc.
from THE MOON IS ALWAYS FEMALE
Alfred A. Knopf, New York2, 2006

I will be on an elliptical machine on Necker Island soon! : )
http://www.virginlimitededition.co.uk/

Have a fun-filled adventurous day.. with lots of time for everything ..and more!

pic from http://www.luxuryadventures.co.uk/necker%206.jpg

No comments: