Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years eve, reflecting, reggae vibes, Thai broccoli recipe

Today is my day to do some reflecting.. not on the past but what is going on in my mind and in my life right now.

Often on the new moon I will watch what is going on around me, what is coming into my life, the thoughts I am thinking, the events going on around me, the people I am coming into contact with.. these things give me a reflection of what is to come, they are the seeds being planted that will grow throughout the month. It works. Pay attention to your thoughts around the new moon and see these things coming up.

New Years, although it is not a sky thing - it is a belief of mine always seems to work the same way.. and even to a larger extent. Like the major arcanas compared to the minors, they are similar but stronger & bigger themes.

So thats what I have been doing, besides going to the gym, cleaning, cooking, work - I went in & wrapped nori rolls for the event at work tonight: http://www.torontosprouts.com/Strictly%20Vital.html
looks like so much fun. I will be going to Frank & Wendy’s for their annual New Years Bash but this looks like so much fun too! Glad I got to go and help for it and get a bit of those vibes in also.

I am in reggae mode - Jim just got Sirius satellite radio & I have been listening to the reggae channel. Nice!

I am feeling very positive about the New Year.. think it is going to be a very fun & exciting one.

I am making a broccoli dish & sprout salad to bring tonight. I am going to post the basic recipe, but adjust to taste as I didn’t really measure & I’m halving it as I used 2 heads of broccoli.

Thai Marinated Broccoli

1 head organic broccoli
2 green onions
½ bunch cilantro

dressing, in a bowl mix:
1 heaping T almond butter
1 T honey
½ lemon
1” ginger, minced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1T tamari or nama shoyu
dash sambal oelek or some ground hot peppers

Wishing you all the best year ever!
Bueno y Prospero Ano Nuevo 2007 to everyone!

No comments: