Thursday, January 03, 2008

Raw Respite

Time for a break. I have been really disciplined though today - finally - with this writing a book business. It's a very good thing.. but I realized I have not been posting a lot here. That partly is because of all the transition in my life. ..but I guess most of you who know me realize that.

But I am still here for you on the Raw front. ..and although I had a few lapsing raw moments, when I ate a bit of cooked foods, I did it consciously - for grounding and still very healthy choices. I am committed to get through this raw now though. & it does take commitment. when life is changing, you are out of routine & more emotional than usual.. & I am so thankful to have great support around me, most of all, my Mom! "Mom, that pot of rice that I just made the kids is looking pretty good right now!" lol Mom always, always, always makes me feel better!

Ok, exciting news.. I have 2 very close friends who are going raw on the 15th of January. This is going to be exciting to watch. (& more support for me! ..cause of course, the more you give, the more you get.. you know! )

"Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought."
- Henri L. Bergson
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
- Helen Keller

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there"
- Will Rogers

3 comments:

Connie said...

In doing research for a class I am taking from Z Budapest, I found that my favorite plant in all the world, a large brugmansia, or Angel's Trumpet, the shaman's tree, I have growing in my front yard is one of the plants used in the Ayahuasca ceremony. Cool. :)

I have pictures of it that actually show the spirit of the plant, in a new post on Banana Island, and on the wedding post at Naked Food Cafe. The spirit of the plant is so strong, you may want to take a look.

What kind of book do you want to write?

Big Sparkly Hugs!
Connie

Unknown said...

Hey Mike I think you've got a great blog and wonderful ideas! Why don't you have any way to RSS feed your blog??

Thanks for your sharing anyhow!

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

Hi Connie..
I just had to look up your plant..and although it is not one of the 2 main plants used in the traditional ayahuasca recipe it is one that is sometimes used in creating an ayahuascan analog (variation) & it is one of the strongest hallucinogenic plants on the planet! wow!!

Actually I am reading up on the chemistry of ayahuasca, different plant variations..its very fascinating.
I think I may have found my new job..what about becoming an ayahuascan shaman!? hmm..
(actually, thats def a potential future idea!)

Interested in trying it Connie? Maybe we will do it together one day..wouldn't that be amazing!

alright, break time is over.. back to my book. Its going to be a lifestyle/health/detox/raw book ..writing about all my favorite things ..with detox strategies for the more mainstream but also a lot about the raw lifestyle, health and healing and all my favorite raw recipes.

- class from Z Budapest?? ..what are you up to over there?
& saw the pics of your special plant (angel trumpet) and being cold.lol - Hope it's warmed up again for you!

Much love - Big Sparkly Hugs back!! xo

Vanessa, Mike? RSS feed..hmmm
I am actually just looking it up..
rss = real simple syndication- 7 different formats! 2.0 seems best. This may be a good idea, thanks for bringing it up. : )

ayahuasca, anyone?
ok, seriously..back to work!
xo