Sunday, July 30, 2006

Spirit dance, 40 day purification, Sleep

One World Spirit Dance – Sept 14-22 – Patagonia, Arizona

The Purpose of the One World Spirit Dance is to invoke the forces of the heavens and the Earth to create a synergy of World Peace and to bring upon ourselves the revelation of God’s Light. The Spirit Dance is a modern form of the ancient Ghost Dance Ceremony. It is a spiritual process which belongs to all Peoples--all of the Rainbow Nations upon the Earth.

The One World Spirit Dance is a multicultural ceremony that incorporates many of the world’s wisdom traditions, with participants who bring the richness of many different spiritual paths. The One World Spirit Dance is the fulfillment of Crazy Horse’s vision of all peoples, colors, and nations dancing together for Peace under one tree. The One World Spirit Dance, formerly the White Buffalo Spirit Dance, is an expression of the White Buffalo Medicine which is a high teaching of the Native American Way that belongs to all peoples. It is a path of holiness and purification involving vegetarianism, abstinence from drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, and an inward focused awareness so one may merge one’s consciousness with Great Spirit. It is a path of truly becoming World Peace and actualizing spiritual Liberation.

http://www.treeoflife.nu/spiritdance.html

Although I can’t be there.. I am thinking of following the 40 day purification period.
It’s not hard for me because I am following it all except for my little cacao addiction & the 40 min meditation twice a week on world peace. & I want to meditate more so it’s like a bit of a commitment that I am making with myself. ..a way of enforcing a good habit that I would like to be doing anyway.
For 40 Days before the Dance:
Abstain from drug use including: marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, hallucinogenic plant medicine, narcotics, and highly caffinated substances (i.e., coffee).
Minimize Sexual Activity
Maintain a %100 vegan diet (no flesh, eggs or dairy); partake of as many raw living foods as possible.
World Peace Meditation: At least two times per week, at sunrise or sunset, practice 40 minutes of sitting meditation. At some point in the meditation create an intentional vision of world peace—light surrounding the planet, people living in harmony with one another and the planet, etc. This visualization may only last a few minutes. To greater support the group matrix, those residing in Patagonia commit to meditating as a group in the Temple on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at sunset. We encourage all Spirit Dance participants to join the group energy at that time in meditation. If these times aren’t possible for you, please meditate any two times per week at sunrise or sunset.

I miss my meditation class on Tuesdays now that I am working.. but John told me that he’s changing it to evenings in Sept.. see how everything works out!

I was wishing tonight that I had more greens here.. I worked all day & couldn’t get the groc store.. and my friend called & someone gave her fresh chard from a farm they were at to give to me. It always works out.. life is amazing.

& while I was there she showed me pics of a wedding she went to yesterday. The bride works in organic farming, the groom has a degree in environmental studies. The guitar player is a raw foodist. Cool. It seems that artists and musicians are as attracted to the raw food lifestyle as actors & models.. free thinkers, creative people who are confident & can think out of the box, and intelligent! ; ) But, I digress.. the pics were beautiful! She got married in Birkenstocks and her mothers wedding dress. There were bails of hay covered with white material for seats & hundreds of mason jars each filled with sand & a tea light.. and the kids were all given, (you know, you’re material!) strips of organza which they tied all over, in their hair, around their waists, necks, etc. I love organza.. made all these curtains in my front porch out of goldish-plum & burgundy organza.

Posting from Mark Jackson on the becomingyounger yahoo e-group:

Let me explain something about this Earth, and our wonderful bodies. Whatever ones religious belief is about creation, and our purpose here, one thing is certain, we live in a world in which we have a symbiotic relationship with plants. They give off oxygen, which our bodies need to breathe, and we exhale carbon dioxide, which plants need, so we keep them alive, and they keep us alive. When you sleep in a house that is all closed up, you are exhaling carbon dioxide, and the oxygen content of the house drops, therefore your body cannot feel as relaxed and at ease, therefore your body has to fight harder to breathe, and you feel tense. Keeping the windows open allows more oxygen to circulate therefore you feel more refreshed, and your body feels better. Keeping the windows shut does not aid in proper relaxation.

this was esp a little note for my husband. He doesn't sleep very well. We have the house closed up & the a/c on. Yikes! : S

10 Healthy Sleep Tips
for more detail and info go to: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/hottopics/index.php?secid=9&id=31

1. Maintain a regular bed and wake time schedule including weekends.
2. Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine such as soaking in a hot bath or hot tub and then reading a book or listening to soothing music.
3. Create a sleep-conducive environment that is dark, quiet, comfortable and cool.
4. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
5. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex.
6. Finish eating at least 2-3 hours before your regular bedtime.
7. Exercise regularly. It is best to complete your workout at least a few hours before bedtime.
8. Avoid caffeine (e.g. coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate) close to bedtime. It can keep you awake.
9. Avoid nicotine (e.g. cigarettes, tobacco products). Used close to bedtime, it can lead to poor sleep.
10. Avoid alcohol close to bedtime.

& now I am off to bed.. no problem with sleep for me. My husband jokingly nicknames me Nocturna. I can just hit the pillow & I’m out. I love sleep ..and especially dreaming! ..but I haven’t been dreaming as much lately as usual, so this is a formal request to the dream gods/goddesses to help me get back to remembering lots of dreams again. That would make me very happy. Thank-you. : ) & I hope that you remember lots of great dreams also!

Sweet Dreams.

pic of Yellow Horse praying for Peace in front of the Sri Yantra (Yogic symbol) that will be the bottom of the fire pit in the Medicine Wheel - in the middle of where the dance will be.

No comments: