Sunday, July 16, 2006

morning pages, American freedom

The writing of notes, letters and journals is good for creators. Writing is learning. Writing shares joy, delight, triumph, struggle, disappointment and disaster. The free exchange of ideas and processes helps us to think about what we are doing and where we're going.”
R Genn from his twice weekly letters

"All education must be self-education." (Robert Henri)

Writing this blog is similar to writing the morning pages - from The Artists Way by Julia Cameron. She suggests writing three pages of stream-of-consciousness thoughts in longhand every morning. This is a way to retrieve, or find your creativity. It helps to remove blocks & get rid of the left-brain Censor. There is no wrong way to write the pages.. and, unlike this blog, no one else is supposed to see them. These morning pages teach the logic (left) brain to stand aside & let the Artist (right) brain play. Some people think of it as a type of meditation – and a way to connect to our inner power source.

“It is impossible to write morning pages for any expended period of time without coming into contact with an unexpected inner power”

“Anyone who faithfully writes morning pages will be led to a connection with a source of wisdom within. When I am stuck with a painful situation or problem that I don’t think I know how to handle, I will go to the pages and ask for guidance. To do this, I write “LJ” as a shorthand for me, “Little Julie,” and then ask my question.

LJ: What should I tell them about inner wisdom? (Then I listen for the reply and write that down. too.)
Answer: You should tell them that everyone has a direct dial to God. No one needs to go through an operator. Tell them to try this technique with a problem of their own. They will.”

There are hundreds of testimonials from people saying how effective writing these pages are, Julia Cameron said she has done them for over a decade. My Mom has written them for years, I used to.. and then it turned into my dream journal, I used to write pages of dreams every morning.. and now I do this, blogging/websurfing, which is probably not nearly as effective, but it’s what the moment brings. Some people say writing these pages are as crucial to their life as breathing – that seems a little extreme, ; ) but that’s what they say.

Like an ability or a muscle, hearing your inner wisdom is strengthened by doing it” Robbie Gass

Words are a form of action, capable of influencing change” Ingrid Bengis

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up” Pablo Picasso

Inside you there is an artist you don’t know about....say yes quickly if you know, if you’ve known it from before the beginning of the universe” – Jalai ud-Din Rumi


I had the subject of American freedom come up in 3 separate conversations, unrelated, one after the other.. 3 is my magic #.. I have this thing, sometimes things comes up 3X in a row.. & when this happens it’s something that I feel is important, something I need to look into or something that needs to be addressed, even if it is something that I am not really interested in.. & this time it’s – American freedom
#1 – my mom talking about this almond butter she’s ordering from the states – Freedom Butter - http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/store2/product.asp?id=11&catid=1
It’s an incredible write-up!
#2 – my brother brings up American freedom, yeah right! Not.
#3 – a guy comes into work & he just took a trip in an old corvette, they traced out the old route 66 on a map & followed it all the way down.. had a great trip.. but if he hears about American freedom one more time he said he’s going to barf. ..& not knowing I was into food & raw he told me that everyone there was Obese! Huge.. and he says ‘You just know it’s from what they are eating!’ ; ) yup, we know.

Is America free? See the movie Aaron Russo’s America: Freedom to Fascism
Watch the trailers for it here: http://www.freedomtofascism.com/
Or even bigger here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1616088001333580937

Makes 'Fahrenheit 9/11' look like 'Bambi.' After watching this movie, your comfy, secure notions about America -- and about what it means to be an American -- will be forever shattered” – Todd David Schwartz, CBS

No comments: