Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 5 - Master Cleanse 09

So, I'm doing it again - The Master Cleanse. I love this and every once in awhile, about once a year I get the urge to do it.. and so I do. This time it happened quite spur of the moment, just before going out to a party..but despite that I started the next day. & it turns out i am quite sure I caught something - something light - maybe H1N1?? a few people at the party just had the vaccine, one earlier that day.. not even going to go there. I'm quite anti-vaccine, for the most part.
Thats ok, nothing serious.. and I am happy to report that all has been well since day 1. No headaches, not minding, again for the most part, not eating. In fact, I am realizing that I like the discipline of it. That I am in charge of what I put in my body. & I know that I always enjoy food so much afterwards.. I feel great, slimmer (ok, so I out on 2-5 lbs lately ; ) cleaner, hmm.. more energetic? I am usually quite energetic.. but yes, fastng & cleansing really clears up everything.. Its like doing spring (fall) cleaning. Its good.. and to be honest I almost feel like its out of my hands this time.. hard to explain, its like I am just doing it. so much so that its almost hard to say I'm using discipline.. maybe my body just knows the routine by now but its super easy this time.

A friend asked me why I would be doing this (because I already eat a very clean diet!) & its almost hard to say.. I guess because I think that even though eating raw for 5 or so years will clean out my system, there has to be a huge buildup from before - 40 years of eating and ingesting a lot of bad stuff!! ..I marvel sometimes how I thought I was 'healthy' back then!

Here is what My Burroughs, the creator of this diet, says about its purpose and when to do it.

Purpose:
To dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
To cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
To purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
To eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
To relieve pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
To build a healthy blood stream.
To keep youth and elasticity regardless of our years.
When to use it?
When sickness has developed—for all acute and chronic conditions.
When the digestive system needs a rest and a cleansing.
When overweight has become a problem.
When better assimilation and building of body tissue is needed.

What is the Master Cleanse - basically its just drinking a Lemonade drink - solely, for anywhere from 10 - 40 days. I am doing it for 10 days. & I make each cup-glass with 1/2 Lemon, about 2 T Maple syrup and almost 1/4 t cayenne. Maybe too much cayenne.. I'll blame my Mom, she just posted about boosting her immune system and making her own 'liquid fire' here. My Mom is awesome!!

I just looked in the book - The actual ingredients are 2 T Lemon juice, 2 T Maple syrup and 1/10 t Cayenne. Yikes, oh, the things I do to my body. ; )

There is a website to download or read the pdf here.

& another good website on it here.

There is tons of information online, just Google the Master Cleanse.

oh & also.. you can do this all-raw, and I did it one time, mostly.. using pure sugar cane juice instead of the maple syrup. Here in Toronto sugar cane juic eis made on the streets in the summer in Chinatown.. and just up the street from me in Little India. It may be available inside some places when its not seasonal to have outside.

Cheers, y Salud, to a beautiful, clean, healthy and happy body!

No comments: