Thursday, December 30, 2010

Warmth in your Igloo, Oil in your Lamp, Peace in your Heart and Seeds in your Jar!

“May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart!” 
Eskimo proverb

& seeds in your jar!!!  This year I started onto this different kind of gift-giving before Christmas. I think I was inspired when my sons girlfriend told me her parents got her & her brother a gift for every day of December. & I thought of the Advent calenders and thought what a great idea.. So I started getting these small things for James and giving him 'advent' gifts (but I know I am totally corrupting the word, need one better)  These gifts I decided should be small unexpected, thoughtful things, not expensive and not required, not even every day, but most days.. like a truffle, or I bought him some dusting gloves (& actually used one! lol), and this one in particular turned out to be very useful.. in fact its already time to go refill it.  I took a bottle that I had and filled it with different seeds. Then gave it to him to shake up and I pour some in our green smoothies every morning.  This addition to the green smoothie makes it stay with you longer.  & the seeds are all so good for you!!


No comments: