Sunday, January 23, 2011

Super Ti


This is a bottle of Tea. I am up to my old tricks again.. and happy to re-realize how wonderful this one is. The tea recipe started with one from David Wolfe -  Chuchuasi bark, Pau D'Arco, Cats Claw - those are typical, Maybe Chanca Piedra .. Everytime I get into making this tea, it changes.. I Love playing with herbs!  This batch had Slippery Elm and Nettle, some Horsetail and Damiana - a happy herb, Hey, its winter in Canada!!

You have to be careful with herbs, its true.. but years ago I spent lots and lots of time studying them and I feel like I have a pretty good feel for them. For myself I am comfortable to go between that and intuitive - in selecting, but I always check it out to make sure before using.

Its kind of like a game for me.. choose a bunch of herbs.. then go look them up (if I don't know) and sense the combined effect. I think I get pretty close. Really it's like medicine though.. so you have to be careful what you combine. I like analyzing ..but really its the intuition that I trust.

So the process is this. Mix handfuls of herbs in a big bowl (after feeling very secure about them & the combination) I kind of intuit the many handfuls and bunches of each.. but then mix them all together well in a big bowl. Then I steep a handful of the mixture in water in a big pot on the stove, its about all I use my stove for, but you dont need to .. if you've given your stove up (the way of the dinosaurs and all.. relics ; ) you can just pour hot water over them in the bowl.. Let steep. Then I fill 1 or 2 glass bottles, dependingon how much I've made, refridgerate and then use this as the 'water' part of my green smoothies.. which consists of at least half of my diet these days. I usually make enough for 4-7 days, so I dont have to make it every day, just pour from the fridge.

Oh, I put Ginger and Goji Berries in also. 

above pic: from a couple days ago.. below: from a year or so ago, like I said old trick. But a good one!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to go by intuition as well, but you are right about the cautions you should take. Generally most herbs are safe but as medicine, I realized some herbs may just not be 'right' for me at the time. For example, Pau D'arco is the strongest antibacterial/fungal/viral in the amazon, or one of them at least. If you need it that's great, but make sure to take probiotics because you may be killing all of them!!

Herbs are a lot of fun for sure, and your tea looks delicious, peace

Robin 'Keiko' Gregory said...

Hi Avishek, Great to hear from you!! Thanks for the suggestion and for stopping by and commenting.
Peace!