Friday, December 22, 2006

A Merry Random Holiday - quotes, spa body wrap, kindness, moments, love and magic

My family and I will be leaving tomorrow morning bright and early around 5am on a road trip to spend Christmas in Moncton, NB. I have spent the day whirlwinding around the city shopping and getting last minute things done. I just told my friend on the phone that of the 500 things I had to do today I got 478 of them done & I had to go - to do the remaining 22.. writing this blog being one of them, packing is another.. wrapping wasn’t even on the list, I’ll do all that when I get there.. I’ll probably get kids to help. I can’t wait to go.. road trips are fun!


I just opened 3 Christmas cards that I got today in the mail and each one of them, although totally different, had a big snowman on the front of it. It's raining outside and warm. Wonder what a rainman looks like?


The rest of this blog may be fairly random, cause I like randomness.. That reminds me of Kaiyas Christmas list, everything on it had pics of the items c&ped beside it.. even the make up, very detailed. I had 5 kids to shop for & 5 lists and they were all so different. I went to a video game store to get games for Nick and showed the guy there his list and asked for 3 of the games. he said 'what about this one?' & I showed him.. "No, that one is in italics, theres a legend - italics were the lesser wanted things. lol

I finally found Kaiyas list in a file entitled randomer than random.. which was hidden 5 files deep, it was like a little Christmas treasure hunt just to find out what she wanted.


“If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.” ~ Benjamin Franklin


At that instant he saw, in one blaze of light, an image of unutterable conviction, the reason why the artist works and lives and has his being--the reward he seeks--the only reward he really cares about, without which there is nothing. It is to snare the spirits of mankind in nets of magic, to make his life prevail through his creation, to wreak the vision of his life, the rude and painful substance of his own experience, into the congruence of blazing and enchanted images that are themselves the core of life, the essential pattern whence all other things proceed, the kernel of eternity. ~Thomas Wolfe


1 Make it your own

2 Everything matters

3 Surprise and delight

4 Embrace resistance

5 Leave your mark

from the becoming younger yahoo e-group posting by Mark Jackson in Digest Number 1310


The basic body wrap recipe that almost all spas use is:

1 cup bentonite clay or green clay

1/4 cup sea salt

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 cups water - of course you have to adjust it to make a good paste.

Boil the water and add the sea salt until it is disolved, then remove and add the rest of the ingredients. You can then add herbs as you desire. I would use up to about 2 tablespoon of essential oils. Grapefruit is good, a good cleanser, lavender is awesome and relaxing. Rosemary is wonderful for the body. You could also use chamomile or rose petals. You spread the mixture over your entire body and cover with thin towels, or a clean white sheet. Most spas use wrapping sheets and wrap you tightly. The compaction aids in squeezing the tissues together, and the results are better. You could do it yourself, or two people could work together. You should leave on for at least 45 minutes to an hour before washing off. I know of no products that are premade.
The quality of the clay is important

An Epsom salt bath is also good for this. The hot water draws the toxins to the surface, magnesium sulfate in the salts penetrates the skin, and aids in pulling toxins from the body. Grape juice believe it or not is a fantastic soak, as sit too pulls toxins from the body. I think essential oils and herbs that soothe the body are good for herbal wraps. I would use grapefruit, lavender, sage, ground basil, lemon and sandlawood.

Kindness in words creates confidence,
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness,
Kindness in giving creates Love.

- Lao-Tse

He who is really kind can never be unhappy;
He who is really wise can never be confused;
He who is really brave is never afraid.

- Confucius

http://www.deepbluedream.org/home.html


Look To This Day

For it is Life, the very Life of Life.

In Its brief course lie all the Verities

and Realities of your existence;

The Bliss of Growth;

The Glory of Action;

The Splendor of Beauty;

For Yesterday is but a Dream,

And tomorrow is only a Vision:

But Today well lived makes every

Yesterday a Dream of Happiness, and

Every Tomorrow a Vision of Hope.

Look well, therefore, to This Day!

- From the Sanskrit.

We had a Solstice Love Fest at work last night. I missed it because I had a family get together.. but I love that it was there & that it happened even if I wasn't there.

I hope everyone has a very happy Holiday - whether Solstice, Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, or other: Light and Love fests going on everywhere. Enjoy every moment and find the magic within and without.

I am travelling back the 27th or 28th.. see you then, if not before.

Make it special and beautiful and random. Have fun! : )

No comments: