Saturday, September 09, 2006

hugs and vegetarian quotes

I am off to the Veg Food Fair today – all day, I’ll be there from 11-8. I think I’ll be making smoothies, which is one of my favorite things to do.. so I’m looking forward to it.

Random things on my mind..

Marie has a great saying:

3 hugs a day for survival,
5 hugs a day for maintenance,
& 7 hugs a day for growth


(I was telling her about how I never thought of myself as a particularly huggy person.. but I really like this hugging culture I’ve encountered here at work.. and seem to be fitting right in with it ; ) ..but then again, always thought of myself as having a somewhat chameleon-like nature

My last e-mail subject line: Obfuscate incompetence with a scumble
Wow!

Quotes from an article about vegetarian stars at http://www.goveg.com/ :
(This is so suitable for the Veg Food Fair today!)

"Cruelty is cruelty, whether it’s cruelty to children, to the elderly, to dogs and cats, or to chickens." Russell Simmons

‘… What people need to understand is that if they're eating animals, they are promoting cruelty to animals.” Pamela Anderson

Let's face it: There's nothing glamorous about chewing on the corpse of a tortured animal

"Since I've gone vegetarian, my body has never felt better and my taste buds have been opened up to a whole new world. It's one of the most rewarding choices I've ever made and I invite you to join me in living a healthy, cruelty-free lifestyle." Alicia Silverstone

"If anyone wants to save the planet, all they have to do is just stop eating meat. That's the single most important thing you could do. It's staggering when you think about it. Vegetarianism takes care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty." Sir Paul McCartney

"Every time we sit down to eat, we make a choice. Please choose vegetarianism. Do it for … animals. Do it for the environment, and do it for your health." Alec Baldwin

"Imagine living in a cage in the dark, unable to move, day after day. The suffering of today's American farm animals is almost beyond belief. They don't have a choice, but you do, and their lives depend on it." Casey Afflek

"You know, we all oppose animal cruelty. But sometimes we forget that animals on farms suffer and feel pain like all other animals. They, too, deserve to be protected from harm and cruelty."
Charlotte Ross

World’s sexiest vegetarians: http://goveg.com/feat/sexiestveg2006/

No comments: